Mountaintop Retreat: 69 Edgewood Road, Summit
Wake up every day to a sunrise over Manhattan! Perched on nearly 2 acres that evoke the feeling of a private arboretum, this mountaintop retreat with stunning panoramic NYC views has been completely restored to exacting standards. The lush property offers room for a pool and tennis court while the soaring slate roof and three bluestone patios offer inspiration each and every day. Resplendent and substantial, the magic begins once you step inside with rich quarter-sawn hardwood floors, wide arched entries and leaded glass windows set against skyline views, offering lots of natural light and a dramatic backdrop for modern living and entertaining in style. New luxurious baths, a new gourmet kitchen and new plumbing, electrical and HVAC are among the countless number of recent modernizations.
6 Bedrooms, 3 Full and 2 Half Baths, 2 Car Garage, 1.71 Acres
VIRTUAL TOURS / INTERACTIVE FLOOR PLAN
In this virtual tour you will be able to walk through the home, see the floor plan, view additional photos of the property, arrange furniture using the floor planner and even view an area map.
If all of the "must have" amenities comprised the wish list of the most discerning homebuyer, this five-star iconic Summit all-brick colonial home would most certainly exceed expectations. Superbly outfitted and refined, this home is enchanting in every way, combining unique English charm and character with fine architectural period detailing and an enviable floor plan.
Old world craftsmanship abounds with a dramatic front chimney surrounded by artistic stone and brick, slate roof, leaded glass windows and copper gutters and leaders.
Panoramic New York City views span the entire rear of the property, offering a glimpse of the magic that awaits inside.
A grand entry foyer, with quarter-sawn hardwood flooring and period trim, sets the tone for the rest of the home's gracious rooms, many with wide doorways, leaded glass windows and custom trims, most with hardwood flooring.
The oversized sun-drenched living room is accented with walls of windows, French doors opening to a lovely bluestone patio and a colossal gas fireplace offering welcomed warmth on cold winter days.
Cool in the summer and warm in the winter: The Family Room, with walls of windows and breathtaking New York City skyline views, is open to both the Dining Room and Living Room with uninterrupted sightlines and is the perfect hub for casual gathering.
A banquet-scale formal dining room with large windows is also sun-drenched and sets the tone for lavish entertaining, offering a perfect space for both small and large gatherings.
At the heart of the home is a kitchen that would delight even the most discerning chef, offering a welcoming retreat from the daily grind featuring custom inset cabinetry with stainless hardware, gleaming marble countertops, marble slab backsplash and professional-grade appliances.
Once on the second level you will find four bedrooms in total, including an enviable primary suite and three other generously sized bedrooms. The primary suite offers generous space with New York City views, an en-suite bath and ample closet space.
Two well-appointed third-floor bedrooms offer flexibility. New York City views on this level are the envy of the neighborhood. This is truly a home that will never be outgrown.
The expansive lower level enhances the leisure components of the home, incorporating a large recreation room, powder room, second laundry room and plethora of storage.
This home awaits a very fortunate buyer with sophisticated mechanical systems designed to address the comforts of the homeowner -- creating a little slice of heaven and the perfect place to call home. Truly memorable ... for life.
- Ideally situated in the North Side, the most sought after section of Summit
- Stately English colonial with expansive rooms and intricate moldings
- Completely renovated by Orchard Hills Design & Construction and Brinton Brosious
- Six bedrooms, 3 full and 2 half baths, 2 car garage
- 1.71 acres
- Panoramic skyline views of New York City
- New plumbing throughout - new waste lines & new supply lines
- High ceilings throughout the home
- Old-growth quarter-sawn oak hardwood flooring throughout
- Crown moldings in many rooms
- Robern medicine cabinets in all baths
- Watermark or Rohl fixtures in all baths
- Toto, Duravit and Watermarks bath furnishings
- Robern lit medicine cabinets with wireless speakers and electrical charging ports
- Closets custom built-out with hardware
- Most lights operate wirelessly
- Timeless all-brick construction
- Classic slate roof with copper flashing maintained by Ben Bentley
- Elegant front slate walkway
- Attached 2 car garage
- Paved driveway offering additional parking
- Beautifully maintained property surrounded by lush, mature landscaping
- Landscape lighting
- Landscape irrigation system
- Copper gutters
- Multiple zone central HVAC system
- Multi-zone lawn irrigation system
- Whole house water softener
- 350 amp electric supply
- New gas line
- Hardwired secure internet to office on 3rd floor and whole house dual-band high-speed Wi-Fi to all 4 floors
- Water supply line for pool decommission for pool removal but still available
- Gas line for pool heater decommission for pool removal but still available
- See Listing Agent
*The information above is deemed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and is subject to change.