STYLISH SENSATION: 45 Forest Drive, Short Hills, NJ
Stunning "new construction" classic colonial ideally situated on nearly a half acre of level property in one of the most coveted areas of Old Short Hills. Completely gut renovated to perfection in 2020 and expanded in all the right places, this chic and sophisticated dream home is as close to new construction as you will find in this prime bucolic location. Nearly everything is new from the foundation up including electrical, plumbing, systems, windows/doors, moldings, custom cabinetry, designer fixtures and so much more.
Modern and fresh, this residence boasts a stunning open first floor plan with a wonderful flow, offering truly modern living at its best. The formal rooms are gracious and grand while the heart of the home is equally impressive, comprised of an extraordinary gourmet kitchen, an inviting breakfast room with banquette seating overlooking the lush rear property and an expansive family room with large windows and French doors leading to a bluestone patio. The kitchen is a chef's delight boasting a large walk-in pantry, white custom inset cabinetry, quartz countertops and backsplashes, under cabinet lighting and professional grade appliances including a Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer, Wolf 8-burner gas range with two electric ovens, commercial range hood and two Miele dishwashers. A private office with walls of windows and French doors, a powder room and a laundry center with custom cabinetry, generous counter space, sink and room for two washers and two dryers complete the first level.
Upstairs, a luxurious primary bedroom suite boasts a large custom walk-in closet and bright spa-like bath featuring a custom white vanity with two sinks, a large soaking tub and exquisitely designed walk-in shower. Three additional bedrooms and an impressive two-room hall bath complete this level.
The lower level is a welcomed surprise offering high ceilings and a sizable recreation room, powder room, mudroom, storage room and an oversized two-car garage reconfigured to accommodate large SUVs. The rear property is a rare find in Short Hills: flat, expansive and private with all new specimen plantings. Truly an oasis in a prime location in the heart of Short Hills and just a 5-minute stroll to both the Short Hills train station and nationally top rated Glenwood elementary school. Ready for September 1st occupancy.
Click here for the MLS listing. Additional information not found on the MLS can be found below.
VIRTUAL TOURS / INTERACTIVE FLOOR PLANS
In this virtual tour you will be able to walk through the home, see the floor plan, view additional photos of the property, arrange furniture using the floor planner and even view an area map.
Stylish sophistication meets the warm comforts of home here at the masterfully designed 45 Forest Drive. Serenity and privacy abound in this idyllic setting, feeling far from the world yet just minutes from the Short Hills NJ Transit Train Station with convenient service to Hoboken and New York Penn Station.
Thoughtfully renovated, this traditional center-hall colonial offers modern amenities & a flexible floor plan with clean lines & luxurious scale. The architectural drama astounds with the spectacular custom railing set on handsome hardwood floring, generously sized dining & living room all with impressive moldings and trim work.
The eye-catching dining room is stylishly framed with walls of windows and expansive scale. Around the corner one finds the gourmet kitchen perfect for an avid entertainer.
Across the foyer is the ultra-chic living room with masterful trim, a wood-burning fireplace with gas starter and walls of windows. The large family room is open to the kitchen, making it the epitome of effortless gathering. With its proximity to the expansive rear patio, this room has incredible flow allowing for seamless entertaining.
The pièce de résistance is the gourmet eat-in kitchen & delightful breakfast room. The kitchen’s large island is surrounded by top-of-the-line appliances, stylish plumbing fixtures & elegantly coordinated pendant lights. The adjacent breakfast area is framed by a french door leading to a wonderful patio. At this end of the home, you’ll conveniently find access to the powder room and first floor laundry.
Ascending to the second level of the home, you find doors leading to the luxuriously serene Primary Suite featuring custom draperies on large windows and picturesque views of the rear grounds. A walk-in closet boasts custom cabinetry and a plethora of space.
The Primary Suite also offers a spa-like Primary Bathroom with stunning floors, top-of-the-line plumbing fixtures, a beautiful Victoria Albert soaking tub with large window above and a stunning walk-in shower.
The remainder of the second floor boasts three additional generously-sized bedrooms, all professionally designed with custom window treatments & a beautiful hallway bath.
Finally, the show-stopping lower level was dug out to offer high ceilings in the recreation room. On this floor one also finds the Garage entrance, mudroom and an additional Powder Room.
The outdoor bluestone patio boasts perfect exposure and picturesque views of the manicured grounds. Perfectly situated, the patio ensures that even the largest gathering will feel comfortable.
The technical systems are exactly what one would expect in a home of this caliber, with state-of-the-art heating & cooling systems and security system. Resting on nearly half an acre, 45 Forest Drive is a tasteful balance of masterful design, luxury & classic comfort, awaiting that extraordinary buyer who appreciates fine craftsmanship, stylish design and modern conveniences & all that Short Hills has to offer. We dare you not to fall in love.
OVERVIEW & IMPROVEMENTS
- Architectect Tim Klesse; worked with Historic Preservation Commission via several meetings to design plans
- Renovated down to the studs with all new electric, plumbing, lighting; added overhead lighting and decorative lighting throughout
- Addition on both floors to create an open concept Kitchen/Breakfast Room/Family Room, larger Primary Bathroom, larger Primary Closet, larger hallway Bath with double vanity
- Enclosed screened patio to create an Office/Sunroom with floor-to-ceiling windows
- All new cedar plank siding
- New Norwood windows throughout
- Added portico on front with slate roof and cedar ceiling
- New bluestone patio
- Added circular driveway and repaved existing driveway; added Belgian block apron at ends
- Enlarged garage and added new door to accommodate two SUVs
- Finished Lower Level and raised ceiling height
- Added Powder Room in the lower level
- Added gas fireplace with wrap-around marble in Family Room
- Laundry Room with double washer/dryer hook up and custom cabinetry and sink
- New marble fireplace surround and mantle in formal Living Room
- All new woodwork around doors, crown moldings, trim and wainscotting; the majority of doors also replaced
- Rohl plumbing fixtures throughout
- Visual Comfort light fixtures
- LED lighting throughout
- Consistent hardwood floors throughout the home
- Toto toilets and Emtek chrome door hardware throughout the home
- Two zone high-efficiency Carrier HVAC with Nest thermostats
- Private backyard with all new landscaping and hedge for privacy
- New brick with blue stone top retaining wall with stairs to access the backyard
- Remote control of 12-zone irrigation system
- Alarm system and cameras throughout the home with remote control via phone
- 200 AMP electrical service with generator hookup
- Rheem hot water heater with instant hot water in primary Bath
- Old Short Hills location is a 5-minute walk to the train station and Glenwood elementary
- White inset Artisan cabinetry by Foxcraft Cabinetry
- Quartz countertops and backsplash
- Drawer outlet for charging
- Custom built-in features: utensil drawers, spice cabinets, spoon holders and pull-outs
- Two Miele Futura Classic Plus 3D dishwashers
- 48" dual fuel Wolf Range with two ovens and 8 burners
- 42" Sub-Zero side-by-side refrigerator/freezer
- Undercabinet lighting
- Custom range hood
- Sharp drawer microwave
- Silhouette professional dual-zone wine refrigerator
- Shaws farm-style sink
- Perrin & Rowe instant hot water
- Large walk-in pantry with custom built-ins
- Banquet seating with drawer storage in Breakfast Room
- White overlay Artisan cabinetry by Foxcraft Cabinetry
- Quartz counters, farmhouse sink and subway backsplash
- Undercabinet lighting
- Hookups in first-floor Laundry for two washers & two gas dryers
- Nearby desk area with drawers and quartz counter
- Astria gas fireplace
- French doors to bluestone patio
- Herringbone marble floor
- Wood burning fireplace with gas starter
- Inset Artisan cabinetry by Foxcraft Cabinetry vanity
- Marble counter
- Marble herringbone floors
- Marble wall tile
- Victoria & Albert tub
- Multiple shower heads with rainshower
- Under cabinet lighting
- Built-in cabinetry offering tie storage, jewelry drawer, storage drawers, shelving for shoes and expansive hanging space
- White overlay Artisan cabinetry by Foxcraft Cabinetry
- Tub and commode separated by a pocket door
- Expansive Recreation Room
- Garage entrance
- Powder Room
- See Listing Agent
The information above is deemed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and is subject to change.