CLASSIC ELEGANCE: 342 Hobart Avenue, Short Hills, NJ
Experience the upscale lifestyle and understated elegance of this custom-built Short Hills home where luxury and leisure meet. Better than new, this residence offers everything that home buyers want today and more including architectural interest, a flowing floor plan, wonderful chef's kitchen, lower level and third floor living spaces and a private 0.61 acre property. The entire home boasts exceptionally large windows, providing lots of natural light and beautiful views of the lush property.
Click here to see the floor plan.
VIRTUAL TOURS / INTERACTIVE FLOOR PLAN
Click here to access a virtual tour for this property: 342 Hobart Avenue Virtual Tour
In this virtual tour you will be able to walk through the home, see the floor plan, view additional photos of the property, arrange furniture using the floor planner and even view an area map.
Entry to this magnificent home is accessed through a private drive, creating a commanding presence and promising no less. Peace and privacy abound in this idyllic setting, feeling far from the world yet only a few minutes from the Short Hills NJ Transit Train Station which offers convenient service to both Hoboken and New York Penn Station.
The impressive Entry Hall, with wood staircase, custom doorways, beautiful moldings and soaring ceilings, offers guests a glimpse of the grandeur that awaits every turn. Flanking the Entry Hall are an elegant fireside Living Room and cozy Family Room both boasting walls of windows and offering spaces that are perfect for both intimate gatherings and large events. At the end of the Entry Hall is the formal Dining Room, a large welcoming space with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the professionally landscaped rear property.
Anchored on beautiful hardwood flooring and set beneath beautiful moldings with architectural interest at every turn, the fireside formal Living Room is elegant, welcoming guests with warmth and grandeur.
A banquet-scale formal Dining Room with custom moldings and five floor-to-ceiling windows set the tone for lavish entertaining under dramatic crown molding, offering the perfect space for both small and large dinner gatherings. Holidays and every day will offer a very special experience.
At the very heart of the home is the spacious Kitchen with a wall of windows offering complete visibility of the grounds. The gourmet Kitchen is high-end, embellished with custom cabinetry, granite countertops, gas cooktop and oversized center island with seating.
Connected to the kitchen one will find a convenient breakfast room offering an abundance of natural light. This room also offers convenient access to the rear patio for easy al fresco entertaining.
The epitome of gathering is a sun-drenched Family Room with built-ins, lots of natural light and a second staircase to the second floor.
Three bedrooms reside on the second floor, each with large closets. The luxurious Primary Suite offers the homeowner a serene, generously sized fireside bedroom and a separate sitting room. Furthermore, this suite offer two private baths which are richly finished with a stall shower/soaking tub and custom vanities. The bedroom offers generous front and rear views of the perfectly manicured grounds.
The third floor offers three additional light filled bedrooms and a loft/homework area. An additional bath adds functionality and convenience.
The Lower Level is expansive including a large Recreation Room, Powder Room and multiple Storage/Utility Rooms.
The grounds are breathtaking with sweeping lawns and mature landscaping. From morning coffee to late night dinner parties, there isn’t a more perfect place to start or finish the day. A first floor attached two-car garage offers the ultimate in convenience and offers additional storage.
The technical systems are exactly what one would expect in a home of this caliber, with sophisticated state-of-the-art Carrier variable speed heating and cooling systems.
This estate awaits that extraordinary buyer who appreciates fine craftsmanship, modern conveniences and all that Short Hills has to offer.
List Price: $2,200,000
- 6 bedrooms, 4 full & 3 half baths
- 4,648 square feet as per NJACTB.org
- Built in 1993
- 0.61 acres
- Architect: Al Bol
- Builder: Ernst Hofmann
- High ceilings
- Custom millwork
- Pella energy efficient oversized windows throughout
- Two fireplaces (LR wood burning with gas starter and gas in primary suite)
- Grand entry Foyer with 8' custom mahogany entrance door and grand staircase
- Formal Living Room with alcove, large windows and wood-burning fireplace with gas starter
- Library with custom paneled antiqued pine walls, built-in cabinetry, large windows and stone accent wall
- Formal Dining Room with lighted corner built-ins, floor-to-ceiling windows and door to rear pergola
- Sophisticated Butler's Pantry with wet bar, wine refrigerator and mini-refrigerator
- Family Room with built-ins and second staircase to the second floor
- Raised panel white custom cabinetry
- Granite countertops
- Magic Chef 4-burner gas cooktop
- GE built-in microwave/range hood
- GE 27” double electric wall oven (self-cleaning)
- 48” Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer
- Two Bosch dishwashers
- KitchenAid disposal
- Double stainless steel sink
- Broan trash compactor
- Pantry storage cabinets
- Built-in desk
- Breakfast area with a wall of French doors leading to the rear pergola
- Primary suite with gas fireplace, separate office/sitting room, two walk-in closets, dressing area and two primary baths, one with stall shower and one with soaking tub
- Two additional second floor bedrooms and full bath
- Third floor with three additional bedrooms, loft and full bath
- Lower level with half bath, large recreation room, storage and utility rooms
- Alarm system
- Sound system wiring and speakers (no audio equipment)
- 2 sump pumps
- First-floor laundry center
- Mudroom with half bath and doors to both garage and rear property
- 3 HVAC zones/units: Carrier variable speed ultra-high efficiency heat pumps (Installed in 2015)
- Rheem energy efficient heat-pump water heater (Installed in 2015)
- Central vacuum
- Classic clapboard exterior
- Rear roof over garage replaced in 2021
- Large driveway with plenty of off-street parking
- Rear terrace with pergola
- Bluestone patio overlooking lush rear property
- Natural gas connection for barbecue grill
- Sprinkler system
- 200 Amp electrical service
- Two 50 Amp EV charging ports (Level 2 BMW units) in garage
$2,150,000 tax assessment (successful recent TAX APPEAL to $2,150,000)
See Listing agent
The information above is deemed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and is subject to change.