CLASSIC COLONIAL: 25 Knollwood Road, Short Hills, NJ
This 5 bedroom quintessential colonial, nestled on 0.56 lush acres in an idyllic setting, offers a private oasis just minutes from everything Short Hills has to offer. This spectacular sun-filled residence boasts tremendous curb appeal and every modern convenience. Elegant and sophisticated, the classic floor plan flows into an open-concept kitchen, designed to exacting standards with custom cabinetry, stone countertops and stainless steel appliances. A first floor office, five second floor bedrooms, four full baths and a second floor office add to the home's cache, while one glimpse of the expansive rear patio and sweeping lawns will end your home search. Ideally located just a few blocks from NJ Transit's Midtown Direct train to NYC.
Click here to see the MLS listing and photos & here for floor plans of this home. Additional information not found on the MLS can be found below.
VIRTUAL TOURS / INTERACTIVE FLOOR PLAN
Click here to access a virtual tour for this property: 25 Knollwood Road Virtual Tour
In this virtual tour you will be able to walk through the home, see the floor plan, view additional photos of the property, arrange furniture using the floor planner and even view an area map.
The following is a walk-through video of 25 Knollwood Road in Short Hills:
In the heart of Old Short Hills this spectacular residence offers modern gracious living at its best, combining commanding curb appeal with compelling architectural craftsmanship and every modern amenity. Dynamic millwork blends seamlessly with a sophisticated color palate, designer lighting and flowing floor plan.
Rich hardwood floors prevail in many rooms, contrasting with the light walls and custom trims. The dramatic front hallway, with soaring ceiling and elegant staircase, is flanked by the formal Living Room and formal Dining Room. The oversized Living Room, features a striking bay window and a dramatic wood-burning fireplace.
Off of the Living Room, an office with custom built-ins is a delight, offering a warm and cozy setting to inspire the senses.
The front hallway also introduces a formal Dining Room with walls of windows overlooking the lush front property. The Dining Room is banquet sized and perfect for both small gatherings and holiday entertaining.
Cocktail-party-ready entertaining spaces flow effortlessly into more casual rooms like the Family Room and gourmet Kitchen designed with separate prep, cooking and entertaining spaces to keep the host in the action. Fully open to each other, the flow within the casual rooms of the home could not be more ideal.
Nearby is the epitome of effortless gathering: a large Breakfast Room and adjoining Family Room. The rooms feature walls of windows, gleaming hardwood floors and easy access to the rear patio. Nearby you’ll find access to the two-car garage & a side entrance to the driveway.
Five bedrooms and four full baths reside on the second floor, each with intricate details. The inviting Primary Bedroom suite is reminiscent of a bed and breakfast, featuring oversized his and hers closets and a well-appointed master bath.
The four other bedrooms on the second floor are generously sized and have lots of windows overlooking the beautiful property. At the end of the second floor is an expansive Guest Suite with ensuite bath. Accessed directly from a rear staircase in the Kitchen, it is the ideal destination for guests or in-laws.
The expansive lower level offers every imaginable amenity including a large recreation room, half-bath and multiple storage rooms.
Perfectly situated in an idyllic setting, the bluestone patio ensures that even the largest gatherings will feel comfortable.
The technical systems are exactly what one would expect in a home of this caliber with state-of-the-art heating & cooling systems and security system.
Resting on 0.56 acres, this residence at 25 Knollwood Road is a tasteful balance of masterful design, luxury & classic comfort, awaiting that extraordinary buyer who appreciates exceptional craftsmanship, stylish design, modern conveniences and all that Short Hills has to offer. We dare you not to fall in love.
- 5 generously-sized bedrooms
- 4 full & 2 half baths
- Grand open spaces, custom moldings and hardwood flooring in most areas
- First floor and second floor offices with built-ins
- Private in-law suite
- Wood burning fireplace in Living Room
- Convenient second staircase in rear of home
- Two-car attached garage with first floor entrance into mudroom
- Multiple-zone high-efficiency HVAC systems
- 0.56 lush acres
- 35 minutes from Midtown Manhattan via NJ Transit express trains
- #1 ranked Short Hills public school system
- ZONED HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS:
- Gas furnaces with humidifiers
- Zone 1: First Floor
- Zone 2: Second Floor (new A/C in 2020)
- OTHER SYSTEMS:
- Built-in speaker system throughout first floor
- Whole house water softener
- State-of-the-art security system with motion detectors and glass break sensors
- Central vacuum system
- Standby built-in gas generator
- Bosch dishwasher
- Wolf 48" dual fuel range with gas burners and electric ovens
- Sub-Zero 42" refrigerator/freezer
- Double sink with Insinkerator garbage disposal
- Center island with sink and Insinkerator garbage disposal
- PRIMARY SUITE:
- Private in rear of home overlooking lush rear property
- Generous closet space
- Luxurious primary bath with two sinks, private commode, large walk-in shower and jetted tub
- Expansive rear bluestone patio
- DCS outdoor gas grill and side burner
- Street facing slate roof maintained by Bentley Brothers
- New rear-facing asphalt shingle roof (2020)
- Professionally landscaped and maintained 0.56 acre property
- Multi-zone irrigation system
- See Listing Agent
The information above is deemed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and is subject to change.