186 Highland Avenue, Short Hills NJ
Nestled in a prime section of Old Short Hills on prestigious Highland Avenue, this beautifully renovated English Cotswold home creates a commanding presence. Hardwood floors, crisp white walls, modern open floor plan, custom trims and banks of windows set the tone. Bask in the grandeur of a 600 square foot Great Room with soaring ceilings and sunlight in every corner, featuring separate living and dining areas, an arched fieldstone fireplace, three-sided property views and a Juliet balcony above. Nearby a beautifully renovated gourmet Kitchen, outfitted with an expansive center island and Viking professional appliances, is ideally positioned next to an expansive Family Room overlooking the lush rear grounds. Just minutes from the Short Hills train station and highly ranked schools. Be prepared to fall in love.
Click here to see the MLS listing and photos for this home. Additional information not found on the MLS can be found below.
VIRTUAL TOURS / INTERACTIVE FLOOR PLAN
Click here to access a virtual tour for this property: 186 Highland Avenue Virtual Tour
In this virtual tour you will be able to walk through the home, see the floor plan, arrange furniture using the floor planner and even view an area map.
Tucked away in the heart of the Old Short Hills historic district, this storybook Tudor has been beautifully renovated to reflect today's lifestyle. This exquisitely finished historic home has been re-created with its original English character in mind, from its Cotswold-like setting, dotted with manicured garden beds, specimen trees and lush perennials to its rustic interior refinements that make it English countryside chic. Rich hardwood floors prevail throughout, contrasting with the crisp white plaster walls and custom trims in many of its rooms.
The front hallway flows through to the rear of the home, but introduces a grand great room along the way, set beneath a vaulted cathedral ceiling, featuring an arched fieldstone wood burning fireplace, featuring separate living and dining areas, windows on three sides that let the light pour in and a Juliet balcony overlooking the elegant space. Two oversized chandeliers are dramatic and provide a beautiful ambiant glow.
An arched doorway leads to the beautifully renovated Kitchen with custom cabinetry in contrasting white and wood tones, concrete countertops, expansive center island with breakfast bar and Viking appliances throughout, including a 6 burner profressional range, professional range hood, built-in microwave, double electric convection wall ovens, warming drawer, two full-size dishwashers and separate 36" built-in refrigerator and 36" built-in freezer. The square recessed lighting adds a modern touch while an additional beverage refrigerator in the center island adds convenience.
A bank of windows showcases an inviting and expansive first-floor 29' x 18' Family Room with light from four sides, featuring extensive built-ins with both storage cabinetry and open shelving, beautiful bluestone flooring, an ideal location next to the Kitchen and
convenient access to the lush rear property and front private courtyard. Completing the first floor is a bedroom/den, beautifully renovated Powder Room, convenient mud room and 2 car garage.
Three bedrooms reside on the second floor, each with hardwood flooring, custom-fitted closets and a full bath to itself. The master suite occupies the east wing of the floor and features French doors to a Juliet balcony, two oversized walk-in closets and a richly finished master bath. The lower level recreation room offers added leisure living, along with a nearby laundry center, full bath, walk-in cedar closet and utility room.
Ideally located just blocks to New York City trains, the Short Hills Club and the highly rated Short Hills schools, this fine residence delivers upscale suburban living at its best.
- Stately storybook English Cotswold featuring everything that home buyers want today and more:
- Ideally situated literally just steps to the Short Hills Club and within minutes of the Short Hills train station
- Beautifully renovated
- Freshly painted throughout
- Gleaming refinished hardwood flooring
- Ideal floorplan for entertaining
- Beautiful, well-appointed baths
- Finished basement
- Master Bedroom Suite with master bath, office and expansive walk-in closets
- Outdoor entertaining with large bluestone patio overlooking private rear property
- Prestigious Millburn Township school system with Hartshorn elementary nearby
- Architectural masterpiece with a timeless stone facade
- Distinctive cedar shake roof
- Elegant front bluestone walkway
- Charming entry door
- Large bluestone patio in rear of home and private front courtyard, both with convenient access from Family Room
- Professionally landscaped and beautifully maintained property featuring lush, mature specimen plantings
- Automated underground irrigation system
- Attached first floor, heated 2 car garage
INTERIOR (FIRST AND SECOND LEVELS)
- Open concept floor plan with four bedrooms, four full baths and one half bath
- Bright, sunlit rooms with walls of windows throughout
- Freshly painted interior with a sophisticated pallet
- Recently refinished hardwood flooring
- Recessed lighting in many rooms
- Gracious, welcoming Foyer
- Great Room
- Dramatic two story cathedral ceiling
- Separate Living Room and Dining Room areas
- Arched fieldstone wood burning fireplace
- Three-sided property views through expansive windows
- Juliet balcony above
- Custom cabinetry in contrasting white and wood tones with soft close drawers
- Gleaming, durable and timeless concrete countertops
- Tile backsplash
- Expansive center island with breakfast bar
- Viking 6 burner professional range with high output burners
- Viking commercial grade exhaust system
- Viking double electric wall ovens, both with convection
- Viking warming drawer
- Viking built-in microwave
- Viking 36" built-in refrigerator
- Viking 36" built-in freezer
- Viking full-size dishwashers (two)
- Beverage refrigerator in center island
- Separate breakfast area
- Modern square recessed lighting
- Family Room
- Oversized featuring walls of windows and doors with light from four sides
- Extensive built-ins with both storage cabinetry and open shelving
- Bluestone flooring
- Ideally located next to the Kitchen via access from two wide custom french doors
- Convenient access to the lush rear property and front private courtyard
- Powder Room
- Flexible bedroom floor plan
- Second floor bedrooms each have a private bath
- Gracious master bedroom suite
- Luxurious master bath with two large custom wood vanities and separate commode/shower room
- Office with Juliet balcony overlooking private courtyard
- Two walk-in closets, both custom fitted and one oversized measuring 18'x7'
INTERIOR (LOWER LEVEL)
- Recreation Room
- Full Bath
- Laundry Center
- Walk-in cedar closet
- Utility rooms
- Updated 200 AMP electric service
- High recovery hot water heater
- Steam and forced air heating (three zones)
- Central air conditioning (three zones)
The information above is deemed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and is subject to change.