MODERN MASTERPIECE: 171 Highland Avenue, Short Hills, NJ
Leave the ordinary behind and aspire for nothing less than this breathtaking architectural masterpiece. Custom designed by Simonian Rosenbaum Architects, this exclusive 7-bedroom residence on 1.11 lush acres is truly one of a kind in the heart of Old Short Hills, blocks to NJ Transit Hoboken and NYC trains. Perched on a grassy knoll, the home creates a commanding presence and does not disappoint. Boasting a truly open-concept floor plan with soaring ceilings and window walls, this home is perfectly designed for today's modern lifestyle. Ultra-luxurious finishes, private ensuite baths, a desirable Main Suite, and a gourmet kitchen that would please the most discerning of chefs all add to the home's cachet, while ultra-efficient windows, superior insulation, automated shades, high-efficiency multi-zone HVAC systems and sophisticated solar panel system work in unison to create a net-zero energy home.
7 Bedrooms, 6.1 Baths, 3 Car Garage, modern open concept floor plan, soaring ceilings, expansive property, solar panels, generator, home theater, gym, and so much more.
VIRTUAL TOURS / INTERACTIVE FLOOR PLAN
Click here for a virtual property tour: 171 Highland Avenue Virtual Tour.
A virtual brochure for this property is 171 Highland Avenue Virtual Brochure.
In this virtual tour, you can walk through the home, see the floor plan, view additional photos of the property, arrange furniture using the floor planner, and even view an area map.
The following is a walk-through video of 171 Highland Avenue in Short Hills:
Experience the upscale lifestyle of this striking custom-built Short Hills home where modern architecture and luxury meet. This masterpiece incorporates spectacular details that home buyers desire today, including grand open spaces, soaring ceilings, designer custom finishes, enviable bedroom suites, luxurious baths, an expansive rear property, and a lower level that can accommodate various tastes and activities.
A soaring entry foyer boasting high ceilings, wide entries, built-in storage, an open floor plan, and a soft palette of neutral colors set against sleek flooring is designed with today's home buyers in mind. An open-concept main living area featuring floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the lush rear property makes this the perfect home for those who appreciate architectural interest at every turn.
Architectural interest flows into the stunning Gourmet Kitchen, where an integrated floating ceiling offers a dramatic focal point. The kitchen is a culinary hub with substantial cabinet storage and thick quartz counters, giving way to a full-height quartz backsplash. The gourmet kitchen boasts Porcelanosa cabinetry with professional appliances, including two 30" Miele Refrigerators, two 30" Miele Pull-Out Freezers, a 36" Miele Gas Range, a Custom Exhaust Vent, a 30" Miele Electric Wall Oven, a Miele Microwave, Miele Steam Oven, two Miele Dishwashers, Miele Coffee Center, Miele Wine Refrigerator, expansive center island with breakfast bar, cozy built-in Breakfast Room bench seating and expansive walk-in pantry. All spaces in the home continue a modern yet warm and inviting white pallette-based design.
Soaring ceilings are the centerpieces of this home. As you take in expansive views of your surroundings, the floor plan invites you to arrange your furnishings as you see fit. Natural wood and exposed stone bring texture and interest, while recessed lighting contributes to a warm glow.
Ascending the stairs to the second level via the 4' wide staircase, one finds a loft wired for an entertainment area. Large windows all around and a 10' ceiling highlight this space. On the second floor are four generous bedrooms with private ensuite bathrooms and built-in wardrobe centers. A laundry center also resides on this level with built-in cabinetry, offering a plethora of storage.
The fireside main suite is an oasis in and of itself. Walking from the main hall through a large door, homeowners are greeted with a warm, inviting space boasting yet another soaring ceiling that overlooks the lush rear property. The custom dressing room is outfitted with cabinetry, while the substantial master bath features only the finest tile, custom wood cabinetry, a jetted tub, an oversized walk-in shower, and a separate commode. Future stays at luxury hotels will always be a disappointment. This main suite is sure to please even the most discerning of buyers.
The lower level is impressive, with a large recreation space, home theater, gym, bedroom suite, and storage. In today's challenging world where social distancing is key to maintaining good health, never before has it been more important to keep treasured daily activities within the home.
The grounds are breathtaking, with expansive sweeping lawns and privacy all around. The custom terraces and patios across the rear of the property offer delightful views of the lush park-like property. From morning coffee to late-night dinner parties, there isn't a perfect place to start or finish the day.
- Stunning custom home featuring everything that home buyers want today and more:
- Open-concept floor plan
- Floor to ceilings, windows, and doors
- Abundance of bedrooms and baths
- Flexible bedroom configuration
- Luxuriously appointed custom baths
- Year-round entertaining with expansive interior and exterior spaces
- Fresh, modern colors and finishes
- Sleek flooring
- Finished lower level
- There is plenty of storage, including walk-in closets throughout
- Expansive property
- Prestigious Hartshorn school district within the highly rated Short Hills school system
- Two-story featuring a sweeping staircase
- Stunning exposed stone
- Custom wardrobe center with matching wood veneer
- Powder Room
- Custom vanity and designer faucet
- Custom white Porcelanosa cabinetry
- Striking quartz countertops
- Expansive center island with breakfast bar
- Kohler stainless steel sinks
- Insinkerator garbage disposal
- Two 30" Miele refrigerators
- Two 30" Miele pull-out freezers
- 36" Miele gas cooktop
- Custom exhaust vent
- 30" Miele wall oven
- Miele microwave
- Miele steam oven
- Two Miele dishwashers
- Miele wine center
- Undercabinet LED lighting
- Expansive walk-in pantry with custom shelving
- Cozy breakfast area with banquet seating
- Family Room
- Conveniently located next to the kitchen
- Sliding glass doors to the rear patio
- Open Concept Living Room/Dining Room/Game Room
- Space utilization can be maximized based on the needs of the homeowner
- The double-sided fireplace offers a dramatic focal point
- Walls of windows overlook the rear lawns
- Two first-floor bedroom Suites
- Ensuite private baths for both suites
- One suite is also ideally suited as a home office
- One full bath features a door to the rear patio for entertaining convenience.
- Open to staircase, foyer, living room, dining room, game room
- Walls of sun-drenching windows
- Wired for an entertainment area
- Main Suite
- Custom wall-mounted gas fireplace
- Wall of windows
- Dressing room
- Custom built-in cabinetry
- Featuring cabinets, drawers, and shelves with windows
- Master Bath
- Custom floating vanities on two sides
- Mirrored medicine cabinet with lighting
- Jetted soaking tub
- Glass-enclosed shower with rainshower head, wall-mounted spout, and handheld sprayer
- Separate privy room
- Bedrooms 2, 3 & 4
- Walls of windows
- Custom fitted wardrobes
- Ensuite baths with luxurious finishes, including custom tile, vanities, and fixtures
- Laundry Room
- Expansive storage with built-in cabinetry
- 9' ceilings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Daylight windows
- Recreation area
- Exercise room
- Home theater
- Storage rooms
- Utility rooms
- Bedroom 7
- Egress window
- Full bath
- Multi-zone, high-efficiency, forced air heating and cooling systems
- State-of-the-art home security system
- Audio speakers in many rooms
- Cable hookups throughout
- Expansive storage areas
- Solar panels which help create almost net-zero energy efficiency
- It is professionally landscaped and maintained a 1.11-acre property with many specimen plantings.
- 3-car oversized garage with custom doors
- Custom entry doors
- Tinted high-efficiency thermal windows to prevent heat transfer
- Automated sprinkler system
*The information above is deemed accurate but not guaranteed and is subject to change.